PADMA SHRI VIKRAMJIT SINGH SAHNEY
- Mr. Vikramjit Singh Sahney, a social worker, philanthropist and an educationist has been rendering selfless service for over past two decades as Chairman of NGO, Sun Foundation and International President of World Punjabi Organisation having chapters in 20 countries to unite Punjabi NRIs with mainstream of India.
- Mr. Vikramjit Singh Sahney donated First ever Artificial Intelligence enabled Corona mobile testing clinics and Life ambulances in Delhi NCR & state of Punjab for corona testing at the doorstep of most affected areas and villages.
- He donated 1 Tonnes PSA oxygen generation plant to GMERS Hospital in Gandhinagar, Gujarat to save precious lives.
- He donated a GenNext Life Saving Machine ECMO from MAQUET Germany to Shri Guru Harkrishan Bala Sahib Covid Hospital, Delhi.
- He organized and supported langars for 1 lakh people every day during the First wave and also distributed dry ration to BPO families.
- He was instrumental in setting up of a 400- bed Covid Care Centre at Gurdwara Rakab Ganj in Delhi by providing 400 oxygen concentrators free of charge.
- He donated 500 additional oxygen concentrators were donated to several districts of Punjab and various covid care camps. Oxygen Concentrator banks were set up all over Punjab in collaboration with local Gurdwaras, Golden Temple Amritsar, various Red Cross Societies and District Administrators.
- He donated 2000 D-type oxygen cylinders on SOS basis for rural areas in Punjab.
- He has been adopting orphans of Covid 19 crisis under the programme “Angels of Sun” and providing masks, sanitizers, bio-degradable sanitary pads to Two Lakhs Anganwadi workers.
- Under “Angels of Sun” Mr. Sahney provides financial assistance to children who, on account of loss of father during covid, may never have access to proper education and opportunity to grow up as valuable members of society.